Tami is originally from West Palm Beach, FL. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Sports Science and a minor in Sports Nutrition from Carsen Newman University (1992), a private school located in Jefferson City, TN / their exercise sport science program was rated 2nd in academics in the nation.
Tami was very athletic in school, played varsity soccer, on the dance team, sang in choir and played in the college band.
After college she competed in many fitness competitions including national fitness shows. She holds Ms. Florida Super Natural Title -1995
Warrior Classic, Women’s Physique 1st place-2015
Masters Nationals, Women’s Physique 3rd in the nation -2013
(To name a few.)
She became a professional certified licensed exercise specialist in 1993 from the American College of Sports Medicine. (ACSM)
Tami is certified to perform sub-maximal stress testing and is an exercise testing specialist.
She worked at Bethesda Hospital Rehab in Boyton Beach, FL for 5 years as a certified post rehab specialist.
She has helped 100’s of clients with shoulder, neck, BACK AND KNEE PAIN. “THE FORMULA IS SIMPLE” SHE SAYS, “RANGE OF MOTION, LIGHT STRECTCHING AND GET MOVING. CIRCULATION HEALS!”
Tami can help you get stronger and continue doing the things you love; tennis, ski, golf, cycle, hike…. or whatever you love to do!
She holds a comprehensive pilates certification form Peak Pilates of Boulder including mat, reformer, barrel, tower, chair and cadillac.
She is also a master trainer for the American Red Cross. She holds a license to teach personal trainers and fitness instructors CPR, AED, Lay Responder and First Aid.
Tami started teaching group fitness classes right out of college and became the group exercise coordinator and fitness director at a fitness facility in Florida. (Ultima Fitness in Palm Beach County)
She is multi-certified and credentialed. She has over 23 years experience and trains all levels of fitness ranging from the de-conditioned, older adult and physical limitations to high-end athletes training for a specific sport, or just want to be fit!
- American college of sport medicine (ACSM)
- American council on Exercise (ACE) – Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer
- American Health Association (AHA) – Post Rehab Specialist
- Aerobics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) – group ex cert, step, box, mat science, personal training
- International Sports Med Association (ISMA)-sport nutrition
- Fitness Institute International (FII) – certified personal training specialist and exercise testing specialist
- Peak Pilates Systems Comprehensive Certification all levels –classical Pilates training method
- Post rehabilitation
- Silver sneakers –classic and yoga
Trainer Tip: “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are probably right!”