Tami is originally from West Palm Beach, FL. She holds a bachelor’s degree in Exercise Sports Science and a minor in Sports Nutrition from Carson Newman University (1992), a private school located in Jefferson City, TN / their exercise sport science program was rated second in academics in the nation.
Tami was very athletic in school, played varsity soccer, on the dance team, sang in choir and played in the college band.
She became a professional certified licensed exercise specialist in 1993 from the American College of Sports Medicine. (ACSM). She worked at Bethesda Hospital Rehab in Boyton Beach, FL for 5 years as a certified post rehab specialist.
Tami has dedicated her life to helping her clients. She is a senior fitness specialist, with focus and expertise in post rehabilitation in hip, knee and back surgeries and other orthopedic injuries. Additionally, she holds a special certificate in scoliosis and low back pain.
She has helped hundreds of clients with shoulder, neck, back and knee pain. “The formula is simple,” she says. “Range of motion, light stretching, and get moving. Circulation heals!”
Tami can help you get stronger and continue doing the things you love; tennis, ski, golf, cycle, hike…. or whatever you love to do!
She holds a comprehensive pilates certification from Peak Pilates of Boulder including mat, reformer, barrel, tower, chair and Cadillac.
She is also a master trainer for the American Red Cross. She holds a license to teach personal trainers and fitness instructors CPR, AED, Lay Responder and First Aid.
Tami started teaching group fitness classes right out of college and became the group exercise coordinator and fitness director at a fitness facility in Florida. (Ultima Fitness in Palm Beach County)
She is multi-certified and credentialed. She has over 20 years experience and trains all levels of fitness ranging from the de-conditioned, older adult and physical limitations to high-end athletes training for a specific sport, or just want to be fit!
- American College of Sport Medicine (ACSM)
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) – Advanced Personal Fitness Trainer
- American Health Association (AHA) – Post Rehab Specialist
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) – group ex cert, step, box, mat science, personal training
- International Sports Med Association (ISMA)-sport nutrition
- Fitness Institute International (FII) – certified personal training specialist and exercise testing specialist
- Peak Pilates Systems Comprehensive Certification all levels –classical Pilates training method
- Post rehabilitation
- Silver sneakers –classic and yoga
Trainer Tip: “Whether you think you can or think you can’t, you are probably right!”